In a prior post we talked about how if you feel like you should get a second dental opinion on dental treatment then you probably should. After all getting a second opinion may also provide peace of mind about the dental services needed. However, it may not make best sense to get a second option for every little cavity or other minor dental health care issues.
Here are a few reasons why you may want to seek out a second opinion.
- Your dentist has diagnosed a major health care problem, such as oral cancer.
- Your dentist has provided dental work, but it is not fixing your problem.
- You are unsure if the recommended treatment is necessary, or you are concerned about costs.
- You feel that your dentist is not qualified to treat your major dental health problems.
- You do not have good rapport with your current dentist.