Did you know that, mothers who have poor dental health could be at a higher risk of passing bacteria that causes cavities to their children? However, there are many things that can be done to help decrease this risk such as:
- Having regular dental visits
- Daily brushing and flossing
- Having a healthy diet that is low in sugars and starches
- Choosing a toothpaste with fluoride
- Rinsing daily with an alcohol free rinse.
- Do not share eating utensils or things that can transmit bacteria with your children.
- If you chew gum, choose something with xylitol as this can decrease you, and your children’s caries rate.