It is important to know that when buying a dental discount plan you are not buying insurance. However, dental discount plans are a good way to help reduce your dental care cost. Below are some pros and cons of a dental discount plan.
Dental Discount Plan Pros
* Cost: Like HMO insurance plans dental discount plans are the lower cost option. Making them the most affordable to buy in order to help you with the cost of dental care.
* Most dental discount plans start within the next business day of buying them. This is very help if you are dealing with a toothache and can not afford to wait until the first of next month.
* Benefits: Dental discount plans help to reduce the cost of all your dental care needs. Like and HMO many of the dental services are fee based, showing you the your discount cost for each for the services. Generally for services not listed on the fee schedule there is a 20 percent savings off the dentist normal cost.
* Savings on cosmetic dental services if there is a dentist in the plan network that provides cosmetic care.
* Go straight to a plan specialist without any referrals.
Dental Discount Plan Cons
* No outside dental network savings.
* Limited dental providers depending on your area.