Dental HMO insurance plan is the normally the more affordable dental insurance plan option. Below is the pros and cons of buy and HMO dental insurance plan.
* Cost: Generally HMO are lower in cost then PPO and Indemnity dental insurance plans. Making them more affordable to anyone that is on a tight budget.
* Coverage’s are Budget Friendly: Under most HMO plans they are based on a fee schedule. This means the plan show the cost for each covered dental service. Therefore before even buying a HMO dental insurance plan you know how much different dental services will cost you under the plan. This makes it easier to budget out your dental care needs.
* Fewer Limitations: Unlike PPO and Indemnity dental insurance plans, most HMO plans do not have waiting periods, maximum yearly dollar limitations and deductibles.
* In network providers only: Under and HMO dental insurance plan you have to choose a dentist that is a network provider. There is no outside network benefits.
* Dental Provider Availability: HMO dental network can be limited depending on your area. Since there is no outside network benefits, you need to make sure there is more then just one dentist in your area in case you wish to change providers.
* Specialist: With most HMO dental insurance plans you need to be referred by the general dentist you picked before you can be seen by an in network specialist.